10.06.2010

Happy Birthday Jared!

For Jared's birthday this year I had a cute little gift planned for him. I was going to get him a meat branding iron, he LOVES to grill! And a basket full of all the ingredients for his rub and his BBQ sauce along with a personalized shaker and a bottle for the sauce. I was also going to make him an apron (he's been asking for one for over a year), make little Jared a matching apron, and a whole bunch of other grilling goodies. I got an email from a sweet friend that has just started doing photography. She was offering her services for a STEAL! So I ditched the grilling idea and took her up on her generous deal. I couldn't be HAPPIER! We have never had photos done as a family, ever. Jared wasn't in these pictures BUT, all 3 of our beautiful babies are...I even make an appearance or two :) Jared was a little model right from the start. As soon as he saw the camera he would pose, say cheeeeeese, and then as soon as she snapped one he would change his pose, smile big, and then repeat the process. There was no shortage of baby Jared photos. Wylee on the other hand would bury her head in my lap anytime Erika so much as said her name. She warmed up though....right after the camera was put away. We agreed to call her Jill during the shoot so she wouldn't shut down at the very mention of her own name. Russell did great too! He only got fussy towards the very end of it. I can't believe how many great shots she got out of such a crazy morning, I would have bet money that there was one...maybe two, good pictures out of them. I was so wrong....Enjoy!












Thank you Erika for sharing your amazing talent with our family, it means more to me than you will ever know to have this special time in our lives captured so beautifully.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved doing it! Thank YOU.
I've heard rumors that there will be a fourth little Ricker in the next year, so we'll definitely have to do this again. No more years passing without family photos for you!

Anonymous said...

Even as beautiful as our kids are they are still only half as beautiful as YOU! HAKOAYPP

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures!

Kris said...

Those were great! It's so stressful doing them, it's amazing how good they look later. I like the one with everybody in it, then the one of you smiling up at Wylee. And then the ones of the kids kissing Russel. Whatever, I like them all I guess.

America said...

Absolutely precious! They look yummier than cotton candy, so sweet!