8.30.2010

Menu for September

Jennifer requested that I share my menu for September....I'm a bit embarrassed to do it because it's so plain and boring BUT, I'll do it anyways! A lot these are repeated so I'm only going to list them once. I'll include about how much each meal costs me to make, not including condiments because that would be about impossible for me to figure out. These numbers are pretty dang close though! If the Great Value brand is available then that's what I buy. Here goes, starting on Wednesday September 1st:

  • Chicken breasts cooked in olive oil (I only have to cook two chicken breasts for a meal because I split mine with the kids), family size can of green beans (I put a chicken and herb bouillon cube in the pot for extra flavor) and white rice-- $3.16
  • Chicken thighs baked in the oven, cream corn mixed with whole corn and white rice-- $4.10
  • Tacos (inc. lettuce & cheese) and re fried beans-- $4.74
  • Chicken Breasts, fresh sauteed carrot slices, family size can of green beans-- $3.28
  • Chicken thighs, half a bag of  frozen mixed veggies, can of sliced potatoes-- $4.04
  • Casserole: layers of ground turkey, french style green beans x2, mashed potatoes topped with the shredded Velveeta cheese--$5.22
  • Chicken breasts, can of corn, mashed potatoes-- $2.59
  • Hot dogs & fries-- $3.25
  • Chicken thighs, white rice, family size can of green beans-- $3.94
  • Taco salad (left over taco shells, lettuce, cheese)-- $3.18
  • Grilled cheeses and soup-- $1.90
  • Meat loaf, family size can of green beans, mashed potatoes-- $4.09
So there ya have it. I imagine as the weeks go by I will get more creative with my meals, but this is a good start! Only one meal is over $5.00 :) Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good!

A cheap meal I made last night was a pork roast (browned to keep it moist) in the crock pot with one can vegetable soup, cook for 4-6 hrs. And then baked sweet potato on the side.

I don't know the price for that meal, but I do know we'll be eating it for at least one more dinner and a lunch, probably 2 more dinners and a lunch.