12.15.2009

We will miss you Peyton!

My heart hurts so much this morning. We got news that our nephew, Peyton, lost his battle with cancer early this morning. He was 8 years old. I keep reminding myself that it's a good thing, because now he isn't in pain anymore. Now he gets to live with our Heavenly Father and do his work. And that's a great thing. But I'm still sad, and it still hurts. I am so sad for my brother in law and sister in law, and for my 3 nephews and neice that have just lost their brother. I'm sad for Ruth and Rebekah's kids who will have to deal with the pain of losing a cousin that they are SO close to. I'm sad for Sarah who is on her mission and hasn't been able to spend the same time with Peyton in his last months that the rest of us have. And I am SO sad for his two grandmothers who are probably in a world of hurt this morning. I don't have the right things to say in a situation like this. I am so bad at it that it makes me sick. For the last year and a half I have watched their family handle this with such grace that I have been amazed. I would like to think that if it were Jared and I, I would be able to handle it the same way. I don't think I would though. They have been such a strong inspiration through everything. I'm, not going to spend too much time on this post because I think I said enough, and I could go on forever. I love my family with all of my heart and I'm so lucky to have all of the in laws that I have, and my own family as well. I will miss Peyton so much and I only knew him for a little over 3 years. So rest in peace Peyton, you have been such a strong little boy. We love you Peyton Thomas Ricker!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ourpeyton/journal

1 comment:

Knox said...

So sorry to hear that your nephew lost the battle with cancer, Elaine.