12.22.2009

Where did SHE go?!

I know that I already posted today...but I had to do just one more. I was getting ready to go to my mom's house for a family movie night...and a not too unfamiliar moment arose. I thought to myself, "Why in the world can I no longer put together an outfit that doesn't consist of some form of jogging pant and a t-shirt with a sweat shirt over it? And why can't I figure out how to do my make-up anymore?!" This happens a lot when I'm pregnant...just ask Jared. I often wonder where the heck that cute 20 year old blonde girl went that could put an outfit together, always had cute make-up on and could spark up a conversation with any stranger, never a dull moment with her. She's gone. Long gone I am afraid. I can't put an outfit together to save my life. And I forgot how to do make-up. It's the saddest thing. Sure I started having kids at 22... but did SHE have to leave me in the dust!?!?! Having kids doesn't mean you lose your sense of style and you forget how to be cute! But for me however, this happened. This is a picture of me when I was 21:


I want this girl to come back, but maybe put a little sweater on or something because this dress isn't that modest...
Or maybe this girl could come back...she isn't blonde anymore, but she's still cute, and she knows how to dress at least a little bit!


I'm just feeling sorry for my frumpy self today!! I think I will go study pictures of my life before kids and see if I can get a hang of things again...wouldn't that be nice?!

5 comments:

HowryFamily said...

OH MY WORD... boy can I relate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am having a fashion crisis myself! I've been pregnant for the past 2 1/2 years...and everything I wore before that was size itty-bitty. Sooo that leaves me with nothing. And when I go shopping I have no clue what to buy!Oh well, we're in it together:)
Okay... what can I do to help you. Seriously. Send me a facebook message tomorrow morning and I will check it to see what I can do to help you get ready for Christmas and to get caught up. Okay...signing off..time for bed!

Unknown said...

Hug, hug, hug. I know just what you mean. I've gotten to the point where I only change out of my standard house pants and carter blood care shirt, courtesy of my husband's closet, if I am leaving the house--and that's only sometimes nowadays.

It's especially easy to feel frumpy when you're in the early part of pregnancy...not really pregnant enough to look pregnant...just pregnant enough to look fat. (I got to be in my mother in laws Christmas card picture like that this year...yipee!)

As much as I miss the cute skinny girl I used to be I wouldn't trade places with her for anything.

"There's a skinny girl somewhere inside of me, just dying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies."

raschel said...

Girl, I'm not even PREGNANT and I feel like this every day! I can SOOO relate! Sweatpants and a t-shirt are my FAVORITE...and when I go to the store to buy "pretty clothes", I usually end up with something comfy. blah! :)

Ruth said...

give yourself some credit you are still SUPER cute! you are not frumpy and if anyone can work a pair of sweats it's you own it and nobody will know that you smell from a lack of shower and feel like puking on them at that very moment plus by having kids early you can be done younger and look alot hotter than all the moms at the kids school when they are older LOL

Unknown said...

Well at least it's not just me that feels this way haha!! And Ruth, thanks for the vote of confidence :) that's why I love you, lol. That and I love the handmedowns that I get from you, haha!