5.01.2009

I've been inspired...







...by Ashley Howry! Haha, for real though. I have been feeling sooo down in the dumps lately. I think it's credited to staying at home with the kids and them still being too young to enjoy a lot of things. Sometimes I feel like the walls are just closing in. Well I knew that I needed to do something to get out of my rut because it was starting to take over. Ashley is so creative with her sewing machine and one day I hope I can be as good as she is :) Anyways, a very close friend of mine is having a baby boy in September so I thought that making her a baby blanket would be something that might cheer me up. Well it did. Not only did it cheer me up but it really lit a fire under me. I loved making that thing so much that I just had to show everyone that I thought might appriciate it, and even a few that probably wouldn't lol. Well, that email has sparked a few interests in my blanket making. So I have now completed two other blankets other than Johnna's, and I have a lady that I don't even know that is paying me to make one for her by the end of may and another in september. So as of the end of next week I will have sold two blankets. Not too bad for a stay at home mom, huh?!!? So now I am out of my rut, feeling creative again, and very happy with my life. I hope everyone is doing well and I'm sorry that it took so long to update......there just really wasn't anything going on.

4 comments:

Knox said...

Good for you! Those blankets are super, super cute! Nothing like a some successful sewing machine projects to get the creative juices flowing and to get excited about something.

Unknown said...

Those are so dang cute! I love them! You should look into getting an etsy page...

Ruth said...

very cute!! love the fabrics you found

HowryFamily said...

hahah puhhhlease:) you are just as good as I am! And I can totally relate to the stay-at home rut... *sigh*... praise the Lord for our sewing machines:)