7.30.2009

Happy Birthday Jared!
















Today is Jared's 2nd birthday! I can't believe he's already two. Two years ago today I never would have imagined the impact that our baby boy would have had on my life. He's so hyper (ALL the time), he loves being outside (especially if the dogs go outside with him), he talks all day long (which I never get tired of), and he already folds his arms during prayer, says Amen at the end, and tells me he loves me every night. He's such a blessing. He has lately decided that he wants to clean up his toys before we go somewhere, not always but sometimes. He has to say bye to each animal in the house before we leave, and sometimes he wants to give each one of them kisses....even the cat, which is sometimes a problem if she's hiding somewhere. Jared is already putting sentences together and he is really starting to make sense....to me anyways. I thought maybe I would use this blog to write a little something for Jared to read when he's a little bit older....












Jared: You're two today!! I've been telling you happy birthday all day long even though you don't understand what I'm saying. Right now your absolute favorite movie is CARS, every time you see a semi on the road you say "I see Mac!"....then two seconds later somehow you see another Mac. I'm pretty sure that your favorite character is Tow Mater, and then Lightning McQueen is a close second. You talk us into letting you take your cars to bed with you every night, and for naps too. You would rather be outside in the 100 degree weather than be inside where it's nice and cool. You LOVE swinging on the swing set in the back yard. Your favorite thing to do is lay stomach side down on the swing and get your daddy to spin you. You also love getting daddy to throw a basketball on the roof of the dog house so that you can both catch it when it bounces off. You made us do that for close to an hour the other day. And you love your little sister so much. You won't remember this, but just recently you have figured out that if she is crying and you hit yourself on the side of the head and say ouchie, it makes her laugh really hard and she usually stops crying. When we are in the car and the two of you are in the backseat together you somehow communicate. I can't figure it out, neither can daddy, but you both sit back there and just laugh at each other...and Wylee isn't even 8 months old yet! You are such a smart little boy and you are very loved by everyone in your life. I can't wait to watch you grow up! Well that's a lie, I would love for you to be little forever so that I could always protect you....but that won't happen. Anyways, happy birthday baby Jared (yes at two I still call you baby Jared and that is acceptable considering I am the one that gave birth to you). Mommy and Daddy love you with all of our hearts!












Anyways, have a good Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Baby Jared! I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since you found out you were pregnant, Elaine. Time has flown by, and now you have this sweet little 2 year old!