11.09.2009

Entrepreneurs :)






I have been getting lots of requests on Facebook lately to "become a fan" of this page, and "follow" this blog....etc.. And I started going through everything and there are a LOT of people that I went to school with that are going down the road of entrepreneurship, as well as myself. It's so amazing to go look at every one's websites and pages and blogs, and see what they have come up with. I never ever in my dreams thought that I would start a business selling custom baby stuff....or any business at all for that matter. So needless to say, I am pretty proud of myself, I stepped out of my box and with the help of some friends and the encouragement from my loving husband and family....Laynie's Sewtique was born. And it's doing so well. I thought I would take a little time out this morning and mention some other wonderful businesses from old friends and classmates....there is QUITE the variety to look at :) ENJOY!







Ashley makes the CUTEST little girl dresses and other outfits. She has an ETSY page which is super easy to go shop from (I think there is even some free shipping at the moment)! Ashley likes to keep her stuff super affordable for everyone! I love all the little outfits that she makes for her sweet Emma.










Leslie does interior design, party planning, and SO much more!! Spend some time checking out the shop page on her website, she makes BEAUTIFUL holiday wreaths that have a modern twist....not your average plastic flower decor :)







  • Anne (Greenhaw) Shields- "Scents of Elegance" (if you don't have Facebook you can't check this link out....but they make yummy smelling candles that I LOVE!!!)



Anne took Scents of Elegance over from her aunt....she, along with her sister Lacey, make these candles themselves and can match almost any scent that you love. They have an awesome line of holiday scents...I'm actually burning Autumn Berries right now and I seriously love it. The candles are so inexpensive as well ($10.00), and they burn for 55 hours!!













Pretty self explanatory! Send him a message or email though if you have started your own company, he has a great Networking group that meets every Thursday at the Hilton in Rockwall. I haven't been able to check it out yet, but I can't wait until I can.







I haven't gotten to taste any of the cakes by Ashley, but I love reading her blog and looking at all the pictures! Everything is beautiful! You need to at least check out her blog.







Kelly's pictures are AWESOME!! There isn't much else to say other than that :) and her healthy eating journal is fun to read!! It seriously has made me watch what I put in my mouth for the past few days. Check it out!







I asked Christina to make Wylee's hair clip for her first birthday outfit...I should be getting it any day now. Her clips are SO original! I fell in love with them instantly! And she is extremely affordable!







  • Evan & Katie (Cameron) Kaufmann- "Detail Films", they've done some great music videos, among other stuff!



The Kaufmanns are amazing! I haven't gotten to check out everything that they've done, but recently I have seen a lot about the Wade Bowen music video that they just did. It's awesome!







  • Rhea Ortamond- "Rhea's Ice Cream Shop"...coming soon, there isn't a web page for this yet as far as I know, but she did sign a lease!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a great idea to support local business! I should give a "shout out" on my blog as well to get the word out about all the great local entrepreneurs. Thank you for doing this :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely :) You do great work!