11.09.2009

My first Dress!!

A VERY dear friend on mine needed a dress made of a certain material for a wedding that she was going to....so I said I would give it a shot. Truth be told....I waited until the day that she was coming over for the final fitting before I even started it. Hello diet coke and a no doz! BUT I got it done hours before she came over, and we did the final taking in and letting out, etc. I was so intimidated by this dress. At least she knew what she wanted it to look like. And Hobby Lobby did a $.99 pattern sale, so bingo. I had to get some pattern reading advice from my lovely friend Ashley, and she was a doll....got it all figured out in one morning. Even put in my very first zipper. I am somewhat proud of this little number...I make blankets, not dresses...especially not evening wear :) But from what I can tell it worked out well! So thank you Allyson, for helping me step out of my baby blanket box!!

Allyson is the one in the middle....isn't she GORGEOUS!?

No comments: