2.04.2010

3 Cheese Chicken Enchiladas

Sunday afternoon as Jared and the kids all napped after church I watched Man VS Food for the first time. And if nothing else that show made me crave 100 different things (I watched 3 episodes). So I got on the computer and started looking some enchilada recipes up because I thought I might have the stuff on hand for them. Jared had been wanting some enchiladas with a white sauce instead of what I usually make, but he hates sour cream so I did what I could. I was reading Ashley's blog earlier today about a Mexican Bake Delight that she created, so I thought I would post this recipe that I found for 3 Cheese Chicken Enchiladas. I can't remember where I found it so I can't send you the link but we thought they were GREAT! I had some left overs from a whole chicken that I had made earlier that week, plus some cream cheese that needed to be eaten, and some tortillas that had been sitting in the pantry for some time (still good but needed to be used soon)....and a can of "chili" rotel because they didn't have any regular when Jared bought stuff for cheese dip, and it wasn't good in the cheese dip. And about half a cup of shredded cheese that also needed to be used asap.....so I altered the recipe a TAD...but I will post the original.

3 Cheese Chicken Enchiladas:

2 8 oz. pkgs of Cream Cheese
1 8 oz. container of Sour Cream
1 family size can of Cream of Chicken Soup (I just realized that said family size...oops)
2 small cans of Chilis (I didn't have any so I used some of that rotel, it was good!)
1 cup of Grated Cheese, Fiesta Blend (I used cheddar and some mozzerella)
Extra Shredded Cheese to top the enchiladas with
1 pkg of Corn Tortillas
I pkg of Chicken Breasts (I used left overs from my whole chicken, which p.s. is WAY cheaper than a bag of chicken breasts)
1/4 cup of chopped Onion
1/4 tsp of Cumin Powder (I don't have this so I used a little paprika and garlic salt,lol i dunno why)

For the Sauce:

Combine 1 package of cream cheese, 2 cans green diced chiles, 1 family size can of Cream of Chicken Soup, and ½ can of water. Microwave until warm, stirring occasionally (a whisk works well). Set aside, I dipped chips in this as I made the rest of the stuff and it was GOOD.

For the enchilada filling:

Boil 1 package chicken breasts, and chop or shred (I shredded). In a large bowl combine chicken, 1 cup of sour cream, 1 package of cream cheese, 1 cup of grated cheese, 1 tsp of Cumin powder, ¼ cup of chopped onion and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside. Coat bottom of a large pan with vegetable oil 1/8" deep, set heat to medium, and soften 1 package of corn tortillas by individually placing in oil for 2 seconds per side. Pour about 1 cup of Cream Cheese Chicken Sauce into the casserole pan and spread enough to coat the bottom of the pan (I NEVER did this when making enchiladas before, now I know, lol). Take a softened corn tortilla and coat 1 side with Cream Cheese Chicken Sauce. Add a heaping spoon of the chicken mixture to the coated side of the tortilla, roll it up and place at the end of your casserole pan. Repeat until the pan is full. Take the remaining Cream Cheese Chicken Sauce and pour over the rolled tortillas, wiggle them to make sure the sauce gets to the bottom and sides. Cook uncovered in a 350ยบ oven until you sauce is bubbling. Add grated cheese until the top is covered, bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

And your done!! They are a little bit of work, but they are really worth it!!! They probably took me about 30 minutes to prepare, which isn't really that bad (the kids were napping).

P.S. I found the link for the recipe :)

4 comments:

HowryFamily said...

OHHH MYYYYYY those sound absolutely FAB!!!
Okay so I realized that we never had a play date last week *sigh*. I swear I'm going to lose my mind one of these days!
What does NEXT week look like haha!

raschel said...

yum. this souds DEE-lish! I'm printing it off as we speak...this may be on the menu for next week (blah, but that means i have to go to the store...). do you have a good mexican rice recipe? (i noticed the one linked to the site, but thought I'd ask to see if you've tried one you like)

Mykla said...

Yummy! Those look delicious!!!

America said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I caught up on your blog, your kids are too cute for words, love the casserole, it looks yummy!!! Jared's lucky to have you.
Ok I couldn't find your email address so can you send it to me, I have some questions about some of the details for our trip to Dallas, wink wink! or call me 361-742-1241
Love ya!